Monday, September 29, 2008

The first 2 days living all alone was an absolute nightmare. I woke up practically every hour of the night, finally giving up sleeping at 630am. Its crazy cause all I wanted to do was talk to the family. It feels so pathetic to be so unhappy and lonely.

It got better by the 3rd day, I was still upset, but not in the i-wanna-cry-out-loud-kinda way. When one door closes, another really opens. I chatted with hiroko online and who knew her side of canada was only 3 hours away from me! Good for a weekend trip? That thought keep me upbeat for quite awhile. Now, I am just pending on lower fuel prices to get my airticket, hopefully.

Of course, apart from family keeping me sane. I don't think I will be adapting that fast, without Cony and April. Thanks for reminding me that its normal and for making sure I am okay. I had an awesome time yesterday! That was prolly the turning point for me.

And also Debao, who is always online at wee hours, suiting my time. Keeping me occupied and being there for me, at any weird hours. FFs helped too! oh! and kevin for being on the same timeline as I am.

I don't wanna be so unhappy here anymore, cause I am in America! I was so much more homesick than I expected, but I am feeling better a whole load just after 3 days. I am giving myself till next week to start living the life of an exchange student. And when I finish this semester, I know I have truely done all 19 year olds proud.

=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home